TWINEFLON is an upgraded replacement for PTFE tape, used for sealing metal & plastic threaded pipe joints. The revolutionary pipe thread sealant is a mono-filament making it much stronger than traditional PTFE and preventing shredding. The container is equipped with a mini-cutter and lubricant applicator to speed up installation.
Tested and certified to many international standards. (WRAS, EN-751-3 FRp, BAM Tested, KTW, TZW, Gastec and more).
- Unlimited shelf-life and suitable for all pipe sizes
- A dynamic sealant which adjusts its state during installation
- Absolute resistance to the most aggressive chemicals, solvents, fuels and acids
- Functionally stable in a range from -200 °C to +240 °C
- Creates a perfect seal by calendaring the PTFE into a film in the exact thickness required between the two pipe ends
- Approved to all the latest regulations for thread sealing materials including use on potable water, natural gas and LPG systems
- Replaces all other sealants and tapes on all threads
- Easier and quicker to install than other sealants
- Easy and quickly applicable
- Non-flammable and does not burn
- No use-by date
- Resistant against fungal attacks
- Does not swell up
- Suitable for solar installations
- Suitable for all types of threads out of metal or plastic
- Comes with integrated cutter
- No drying
- Remains soft and pliable
Begin at the end of the pipe & wind TWINEFLON in a overlapping haphazard fashion in the direction of the thread.
Apply 2 or 3 drops of the installation aid directly and smear over the PTFE Cord with the finger. This is a bio-degradable, non-hazardous fluid.
Apply sufficient product to form an effective seal, concentrating at the beginning of the pipe.
The manufacturer’s guidelines on the number of wraps are:
- 1/2” pipe min. 12 (fine threads) to 18 (coarse threads) wraps
- 1 1/2” pipe min. 16 (fine threads) to 24 (coarse threads) wraps
For other pipe diameters adjust the number of wraps depending on size and thread.
Pack size: 175 mtr