- Helps detection of microscopic cracks on metals that cannot be visibly located by naked eyes.
- Equally effective on parent and weld metal both.
- Excellent source of non-destructive examination for surface flaws.
- Extremely low Chlorine and Sulphur content.
- Handy aerosol packs help consume entire product contents in the can.
- Due to extremely low chlorine and sulphur contents products can be safely used on stainless steel, nickel, monel and other exotic materials.
- Detects cracks as low as 30 microns and passes 2 x 50 microns Japanese Ni-Cr Test Panel.
- Ozone friendly propellant promotes healthy environment.
Products conform to requirement of ASTM E-165, ASME Sec. V, IS 1365-1981 & IS 12889-1989 & RDSO Specs. M&C/NDT/4/91.
Products Approved by BHEL.
- For detection of surface flaws on dies, moulds, tools, jigs and welds on pressure vessels subjected to pressures and thermal cycles.
- For forgings, castings, high and low temperature equipment.
- As a pre-test during welding layers to prevent ultimate failures in radiography.
- Non-destructive examination of finished components after welding, forging, upsetting, swaging, extruding cold and hot forming and after final heat treatment.
- Industries include Forging, Fabrication, Defence, Railways, Steel and many others.
Method of Application
- Spray Cleaner CDK 10 and clean the surface thoroughly with good quality cotton waste or soft cloth.
- Spray Dye Penetrant CDK 20 on the surface and allow the penetrant to remain on the surface for a minimum of 10 mins. This dwell time will allow the CDK 20 to penetrate deep inside the discontinuities.
- Remove excess penetrant from the surface with cotton waste. Spray minimum quantity of Cleaner CDK-10 and repeat cleaning with cotton waste/cloth.
- Spray a thin uniform layer of Developer CDK-30. Allow the penetrant to bleed for 10 minutes. Surface defects like pinholes, cracks, porosities etc. will be visible as pink indication against white background after about 10 minutes.